Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions

Yes, yes I know...the person who said she would never make resolutions is making some, but mine are simple. This year, I feel, will be based on balance and peace. I will continue to work on the following things:

finding the balance in all things
not being judgmental
working on health
decreasing chaos and increasing peace
not taking on more than my body, mind, or spirit can bear.

I was guilty of saying "yes" when I meant no. When someone wanted me to call them, wanted me to lend a listening ear, in the past I would say yes out of a sense of obligation. For the past few months, I have cut this practice out. Quite frankly, sometimes listening to peoples issues is stressful, especially if their lives are full of stress, chaos, or repetitive cycles and there is no GROWTH. Listening to it, whether I realized it or not, took a toll on my mind and spirit. This New Year, I will continue to guard my spirit and mind. If I don't do it, no one else will.

I have been becoming a fan of balance. This past year, I realized that there is much more to life than marriage. Being single AND alone (because you can be single, but not alone) is OK. I have heard some extremes in the past few months: that marriage is a thing of the flesh, that men are evil, that there is nothing to live for. I do not agree with any of these thoughts. Marriage is a blessing from God, men can be beautiful depending on their upbringing and will to be good men, and life is what you MAKE IT! I am at a place where I don't have patience for extreme views or negativity. It weighs down my spirit.

Wisdom, silence, and peace have also been key for me. I want to set the record straight for many of you I haven't called in awhile. For me, I am becoming more and more aware of the fact that I really don't have much to say. It is nothing personal at all. I am just listening more and speaking less, and depending on what is being said, I may not want to listen.

Of course my health is important. My blood pressure has gone down, and I will be doing my best to work out and continue eating good foods for my body. With friends and support like T and S, this will not be hard to keep up.

I am also realizing that so much of life is about the choices we make, and that no matter how good and well intentioned my advice may be, it does not mean that it will be received or that people will act on the advice given. Sometimes good advice falls on deaf ears. I refuse to repeat myself this year. For this reason I am convinced that my cell phone being off was a blessing in disguise.

All in all, I am excited for this new year, what it brings. God is WONDERFUL and BALANCED! I seek daily to become more like Him.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment